After our evening church service, we returned home to Christmas Eve dinner.
Back in October, my parents gave me my grandmother Franny's fine china. We set it on the beautiful Florentine lace tablecloth that I had given my mom years ago after my college semester in Italy. Lovely table, delicious meal - Rosemary roasted turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn pudding, fresh baked colonial bread, and Joel's favorite grape salad.
and Advent candles were shining.
Coty read the stories we read every year and cried at the same place he cries every year while reading Madeline L'engle's story, A Full House. Some things never change.
And then, each person opened just one gift.
Later, J, K, A and I headed out in the dark and drizzle to Christmas Eve at All Saints in Concord for a service with lots of beautiful, beautiful music. I do think that "In the Bleak Midwinter" is a lovely song and I will always be stirred by the Hallelujah chorus.
A very special Christmas Eve - how thankful I am for the traditions we share as a family on this most special evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment