...and in a high state of anticipation, awaiting the touchdown of a jetplane at 3:38 this afternoon. Jonathan and Kandyce will be arriving on that jetplane and eager arms will be ready to hug their necks as soon as we catch sight of them at the baggage claim.
Jonathan is returning from a year in Egypt. On his first arrival in the US in Chicago last Friday, he was subjected to interrogation by immigration authorities who wanted to know why he had traveled to so many Middle Eastern countries in the last twelve months. He assured us that the officials were friendly and polite and after answering all their questions, including whether he belonged to any "clubs or organizations," he was sent on his way. He was meeting up with his future in-laws and awaiting the arrival of his sweetheart, who was at that moment stuck in the airport in Cincinnati. Kandyce eventually got there quite late and the two have spent a few days in Holland, Michigan, K's home and site of their wedding this coming May!
You may remember that Coty and I were with Jonathan and Kandyce in India this summer, taking part in the engagement festivities there. But the boys have not seen him since January and are very excited about his homecoming.
There have been other arrivals in the last weeks. Andrew came home for a couple of days of rest and study and then returned to school for a day to take his last exam. The day after he got back, Thomas arrived from Covenant. So now, the house feels full, the laundry bin is overflowing, clothes bombs have exploded on bedroom floors and I am happy.
I wish I could show you the four ______________________s I have covered, the _________________s I have knitted, the ________________ and _________________ I have sewn. I'm also excited about special "staying in touch" gifts I've made, but I can't show you any of that right now. Surprises, you know.
For now, I'm off to read and drink the coffee Joel just made. A little quiet before the excitement later today.
No comments:
Post a Comment