Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving - not just one day

520.  Long walks
521.  Husband who walks the whole way with me
522.  Anticipation of reunion
523.  Hands to knit
524.  Early morning quiet
525.  Family
526.  A long-time, all the way back to high school friend
527.  The ease of picking up every time we are together
528.  An adventure for M and friends who make it possible
529.  Sliver of a moon two nights ago
530.  Thick fog - I know it's hard for driving, but so lovely hanging over the fields
531.  Bright sun with soft fuzzy edges burning through the thick morning fog
532.  Good homemade bread
533.  Students who give lunch money to bring two special people together
534.  Growing baby girl and her amazing mom


535,  Surprise roses



536.  Babysitting son



537.  Finally meeting Catriona and the joy of getting to know, in person, a like-minded friend.
538.  A great class all about the brain, taught by Catriona



539.  Great students



540.  Learning by doing




541.  Church family fall bonfire fellowship




I so well remember a dear friend once posing this question...

"Thanksgiving, annual holiday or eternal lifestyle?"

Oh, that it would be more and more a lifestyle for me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth

I'm loving your endless gift. you've inspired me to number mine - I was doing them but not numbering but I decided numbering was better so I've started.

So many lovely things here - babies, roses, walks, sweet children, good friends, interesting studies and church bonfires.

Thanksgiving as a lifestyle - a thought to ponder - and practice - thanks!

xo
Kathie