Sunday, November 08, 2009

Poor Man's Cake

I've made the same cake twice in the last week - on Monday for company and last night to take to a friend's for lunch today.  Each time folks have loved it and asked for the recipe.  I want to give credit where it's due so for those of you who asked,  please head over A Sparrow's Home for Kathie's delicious recipe.

I altered the recipe only slightly, adding one egg and some dried cranberries to the batter and drizzling a lemon sauce on top while the cake was still warm.

I love this cake.  So quick to make with ingredients I always have on hand, it makes the whole house smell good and the boys happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm cranberries and lemon - I'm going to try that variation. I'm so glad you're enjoying the cake. It makes my boys (and girl!) happy too.