Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I have often enjoyed reading these daybook entries of friends.  Here's mine for this afternoon...


Outside my window...sun tipped golden woods

I am thinking about...how good it feels after a hard workout

I am thankful for...a whole day at home

From the learning rooms...a new read aloud, Evening in the Palace of Reason

From the kitchen...fresh bread, salmon with lemon pepper, collard greens and roasted sweet potatoes

I am wearing...black shorts and a sweaty blue t-shirt

I am creating...a knitted sweater

I am going...to small group tonight

I am reading...A Praying Life and The Snoring Bird  (two very different books!)

I am hoping...my anatomy students studied for their test tomorrow!

I am hearing...a cricket chirping

Around the house...little piles of papers, books, unfolded laundry

One of my favorite things...a perfect cup of tea

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Teaching tomorrow at co-op, working with Matthew on college applications, coffee with a friend, planning for a bridal shower, garden clean-up!

Here is picture for today...



the library at Messiah College




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I spent many an hour in those stacks! I can still smell it. Thanks for the picture.

How did Matthew like Messiah and NYU?

beth said...

I thought of you, Kelly, when I posted that picture. I love the way you can look out over the entire library!

Matthew liked Messiah, especially with the requirement for film students to spend at least a semester in Philly.

beth said...

Oh, he liked NYU a lot, too!

Anonymous said...

Love the library picture - I think the library is probably one of my favourite indoor places.

Someday I'd like to share a perfect cup of tea with you!