Lump-in-the-throat throat time is over for today with the departures of Kandyce this morning and Jonathan this afternoon. K's back to Denver and J is on his way, via Chicago and Amman, Jordan, to Cairo for his year working at MESP.
And I'm missing these big kids already and dreaming of the summer and praying about the wild possibility of meeting up with them in July in India! You may remember that J spent some time there with Kandyce last summer and both of them have launched a major lobbying effort to get as many Pinckneys as possible to India this summer. Is the Lord leading there? I don't know right now. I would love to travel there. I never have. In fact, I've never been in Asia at all. Africa, Europe, South America...yes. Maybe it's time to visit the other side of the world.
What would I do? Probably volunteer in an orphanage for Dalit (untouchable) children. For now, I am praying and reading and learning about India. And getting lots of encouragement from two very dear people.
4 comments:
God is leading! God is leading! :)
love you!
That sounds exciting Beth!
I have enjoyed reading your account of a full home at Christmas. Our girls are still small 5, 3 and 2, but it is a delight to think ahead to a house full of adults and young people. The hospitality that you and Coty show and the welcome you extend is very apparent, even through your blog.
Not sure if you would consider watching it but Slumdog Millionaire is a great film and gives an interesting insight into the life of children in India. I visited Mumbai and Calcutta in 2003 on business and it was interesting to see a perspective from the orphaned children there.
hi beth,
thanks for your comment. i have kept a family blog for a number of years, but decided to start a public one. it's an awesome way of meeting people, I have appreciated your site for a while.
I have seen Born into Brothels, it's a great film. It is good to see these films that not only give you a heart for other people, but also shake you out of your own comfort zone where we can so easily complain and feel dissatisfied with what is a very privileged life.
I went to India in 2002 actually to Mumbai, Calcutta and Bangalore. Since I had my first girl in 2003, I've been a SAHM and we moved to the US when she was 8 months old. Previously I lived in London and worked for an Investment Bank. I recruited graduates and MBAs into the trading environment and was out in India at the IIT colleges recruiting. It was a crazy, but totally unforgettable experience.
Well now I have stopped lurking in blog-land, I look forward to talking with you more.
Rachel
Post a Comment